Saturday, September 8, 2007

Interview with Dan Alexander Part 2


This is the 2nd part of my interview with Dan Alexander, the star fullback for the Nashville Kats of the Arena Football League.



4. I was at the game in Nashville when you set the AFL record for most rushing touchdowns in a game with six. We were sitting near your wife Amy during the game. You always looked her way after you scored a touchdown. What does having her at a home game mean to you compared to when you’re playing an away game?

It definitely means a lot to me for my wife to come to the games. Fans, coaches, and teammates can all be fickle but I know when I look up to my wife I will get encouragement and support.
I definitely feel more comfortable in front of a crowd when I know at least one person up there loves me no matter how well I play.


5. You made the All-Arena League First Team this year. What’s the best part of that honor?
The best part of the honor was being recognized by the league for all of my hard work. It is also one more story I can tell my son when he is growing up.


6. Your son Braxton was born this year during the season. How do you think being a Dad has changed you or changed your life?
I have become a little less selfish. Now I have someone I love who is completely dependent on me. It is a wonderfully rewarding experience that inspires and challenges me on a daily basis, to be better. Better father, better provider, better Christian, better husband, etc... It even makes me want to get in better shape so I can be there for his every need.


Check back next week for Part 3 of my interview with Dan "The Man" Alexander

No comments: